The Bronco Beat

Filed under Student Life

Informing The Students of Dayton High School

SAN MARCOS, Texas – On Tuesday, August 25th 2015, I was able to notice how

important the Enactus class was to students involved when the class started up for the fall

semester. Enactus students work on projects that benefit the community and also help

individuals to help benefit themselves.

Enactus empowers people through the projects that are done in and around the

community. Personally, whether it was helping the homeless sell art in Austin or

volunteering at the True Vineyard Ministries store right down the street selling

homemade products crafted by women in Africa, the relationships I have made from the

projects will last with me forever. Along with the relationships built volunteering,

friendships were made while interacting with other Enactus members during class. These

friendships can ultimately lead to important connections further down the road. Enactus

is about helping people help themselves and as an Enactus student, I have learned

valuable lessons and have grown as an individual in the process.

Enactus is a global, non-profit organization that is literally changing the world through

highly dedicated student teams on more than 1600 university campuses in 40 countries.

Enactus offers these students the opportunity to develop leadership, teamwork, and

communication skills through learning, practicing and teaching the principles of free

enterprise, thereby improving the standard of living for millions in the process.

Texas State Enactus is one of the leading collegiate teams within the United States.

Enactus has been helping others achieve their dreams through free enterprise education

for more than 25 years. Today, Enactus is the world’s prominent and largest university-based free enterprise organization.

If you would like to learn more about Enactus please visit the Enactus website,

http://txstateenactus.com/, or contact Sam Walton Fellow, Vicki West at

[email protected] or 512-245-3224, Enactus President, Nick Jones at

[email protected] or 408-679-7411, or Dylan Kolarik at [email protected] or 936-

336-0768.