One Step at a Time

Back to Article
Back to Article

One Step at a Time

Last week on Bronco Updates, Balfour visited the seniors, AP Biology classes took a field trip to the Houston Zoo, the annual College Fair was held in the gym, and the homecoming pep rally kicked off the beginning of the end for the first nine weeks of the semester.

On Wednesday, September 30, Balfour came to visit the seniors at Dayton to assist them with their inquiries about cap and gown purchases as well as class rings. Starting this year, the caps and gowns will be made with different material then previous years and will also include a sleek, new and modern design.

Also on Wednesday, AP Biology students took a trip to the Houston Zoo to observe the animals for a class assignment.

On Thursday, October 1, the annual College Fair rolled its way into the gym as a way for colleges to reach out to students and for students to begin their final road to education. Unfortunately, a wreck on highway 90 caused most of the colleges to either be late or not appear at all. This included the University of Houston and Lone Star as well as many others.

Lastly on Friday, October 2, was our homecoming game. The freshman duchess was McKenzie Lujan and freshman duke Hedil Cuatianquiz. The sophomore duchess was Alyssa Sjolander and the sophomore duke was Alan Nguyen. The junior duchess was Brittney Lemon and the junior duke was Dakota Burris. The sweethearts were Cheyenne Brock for FFA, Victoria McMenomy for Football and Eva Sherman for Band. The 3 Queen finalists were Rachel Sullivan, Milena Gulbe and Madison Benesh. The 3 King finalists were Matthew Sjolander, Dylan Moore and Chance Rogers. The king and queen were named at the pep rally and football game on Friday. They were Milena Gulbe and Chance Rogers.

Congratulations to the winners!