Posing for the Elections

Back to Article
Back to Article

Posing for the Elections

Kelly Flores

Kelly Flores

Kelly Flores

This week on Bronco Updates, Dayton High School students lined up to take their yearbook photos, voted on class and homecoming elections and hosted the first meeting for Health Occupations Students of America (HOSA).

On Tuesday, September 22, students from every grade posed for their yearbook photos during their regular English classes. Along with yearbook, the photos will also be used for the students’ IDs. Senior pictures are going to be take sometime mid-November.

Also on Tuesday, Dayton High hosted the first HOSA meeting. HOSA is a new club being introduced to the students to offer a broader spectrum of learning for students who are interested in pursuing a career in medicine.

“It is going to help me in the medical field,” senior Loren Valencia said. “I get to compete and go to conventions.”

Finally on Friday, September 25, students arrived in their advisory classes to vote for the homecoming dukes, duchesses, king, and queen as well as the student council members for each of their grade. For homecoming king and queen, students from every grade were asked to vote for their senior. The candidates for king and queen included Rachel Sullivan, Milena Gulbe, Madison Benesh, Chance Rogers, Matthew Sjolander, and Dylan Moore. The king winners will be announced at the pep rally on October 2 and the queen will be announced at the game during half time.