Sizing Up

Back to Article
Back to Article

Sizing Up

This past week the annual school blood drive, hosted by Student Council (STUCO), took place in the cafeteria on Tuesday, September 15. As always students are required to be at least 17 years of age, or 16 with parents permission, and can not lift anything over 50 pounds within a 24 hour period after they donate blood for the students’ safety.

Also on Tuesday, Yearbook Editors Lia Arce, Shelby Eiland and Lacie Coleman presented the yearbook for the 2014-2015 school years to the school board. They then thanked the board and superintendents for the support of the journalism program.

In other news, Balfour returned again this 2015-2016 school year for student Letterman sizing’s in the cafeteria on Friday, September 18. From freshman to seniors the alumni of Dayton high school took their time during lunch to size their jackets and confirm their purchase orders. The jackets are said to arrive sometime between November and December, just in time for the winter.

Lastly, the pep rally theme for Friday was, “over the hill.” Students were encouraged to dress like the elderly and show their spirit for the game against Barbers Hill. Students were treated with a special dance by the staff and cheerleaders to songs like, “Yellow Polka-Dot Bikini” and “Watch Me (Whip/Nae Nae).”