A New Day To Be A Bronco

Back to Article
Back to Article

A New Day To Be A Bronco

The students of Dayton high school rode into the new school year on August 24 with tired eyes and summer still on their minds. A soft buzz filled the hallways with new stories to tell and well needed reunions. As their vacations end, the students await for what the new school year has to offer.

This past week alone the students received a gentle reminder that school is just as hectic as they left it from the previous year. On the first day of school, for example, many new faces were welcomed on campus while many others were gone but not forgotten.

As the second day rolled in students arrived in waves to the counselor’s office unsatisfied with their chosen schedules but nonetheless excited about the new school year.

While Wednesday was uneventful for the students of Dayton, Thursday began the ground-breaking ceremony for the new expansion of the high school. Along with a new gymnasium, the school will also be adding a new auditorium, extended hallways with more classrooms and a couple of new practice areas for many students to use for years to come.

As the week came to a close, the students celebrate with the first pep rally of the year. The theme was “fire”; students showed their pride by dressing in red, yellow or orange. Freshman flocked the hallways in anticipation to see their first high school pep rally.

With the success of the first pep rally, students await for any and all future plans within the school, eager for more.